A quick, easy recipe for macaroons which are dairy and gluten free and contain no cholesterol. These delicious almond cookies make a great dessert or snack for the whole family.
Preparation time: 3 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes Difficulty rating: Easy
Makes 15 serves
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp almond essence
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 180°C in a conventional oven.
- Grease the cookie tray.
- Mix the almond flour and sugar.
- Mix egg whites with almond essence and whisk for 30 seconds.
- Add egg white mixture to almond mixture and stir until it forms a thick paste.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place on tray.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden.
- Save money by making the almond flour yourself. To do this just place raw almonds in a food processor and process until they are a fine powder.
- Use the egg yolks from this recipe to make egg custard.
- For adults, add a whole almond to the top of each biscuit prior to baking and decorate with a little sifted icing sugar once cooled.
Nutritional analysis per serve:
|Total fat||13.13 g|
|Saturated fat||0.89 g|
|Total sugars||9.17 g|
- AusNut. Nutrient Database. 2007. [cited 27 April 2012]. Available from: URL Link
- Greenfield H. Aminoz Nutrition Information Calculator. Commonwealth of Australia/University of NSW. [cited 26 August] Available from: URL Link