This simple recipe makes the perfect quick and tasty scrambled eggs. Great for little ones and for the whole family.
Preparation time: 2 minutes Cooking time: 2 minutes Difficulty rating: Easy
For 1 toddler
1 extra large free range egg
¼ cup full cream milk
1 tsp salted butter
- Combine egg and milk and whisk. The large egg should be ¼ cup- if it is bigger or smaller, just ensure you change the quantity of milk so you put in equal proportions of these two ingredients.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan placed over a high heat and spread over the saucepan, but be careful not to let the butter froth.
- Add egg and milk mix to the saucepan.
- Move with a spatula constantly scraping the bottom of the pan so no part sticks and the eggs stay light and fluffy- they will take on a rubbery texture if they stick to the bottom and overcook.
- Cook for 2 mins or less, until egg forms light yellow, creamy clumps. If you leave it to become a dark yellow, you have overcooked and dried it out.
- Let the scrambled eggs sit for a minute and drain off any excess fluid before serving.
- For adults use two eggs and cracked fresh pepper over the top once they are cooked.
- Serve as is or on wholemeal or rye toast.
Nutritional analysis per scrambled egg (100 gram) serve:
|Total fat||11.47 g|
|Saturated fat||5.80 g|