Watermelon animals are the perfect party food for kid’s parties. A healthy snack that’s fun to eat even for fussy eaters!
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: None Difficulty rating: Easy
Age recommendation: As it is a soft fruit, watermelon is suitable for babies from 8 months old cut into very little pieces. From 9 months, watermelon can be given cut into small pieces. From 12 months they should not have any problem eating the full watermelon animal cut-out themselves.
Servings: About 6 per watermelon slice, depending on the size of the watermelon
- Seedless watermelon
- Cut watermelon into about 5cm thick slices (so you have a round slice of watermelon with the rind all around the outside).
- Arrange cookie cutters on slice so that you can get as many cut-outs of watermelon as possible.
- Press the cookie cutters through the watermelon slice to cut out the animal shape.Wash, peel, core and dice the pears.
- This is a great way to make food for toddlers and older kids fun. It looks impressive, is quick easy and healthy party food, or is great to take for a picnic or make kids smile when they see it in their lunch box.
- This also works well with other type of melon including honeydew and rock melon (you will just need slightly sharper cookie cutters or to push harder!).
- Don’t waste the cut-outs, eat them yourself or chop into pieces and store in the fridge in a sealed container as ready-prepared snack food.
Nutritional analysis per 100 gram serve:
|Energy||127 kJ / 39.89 cal|