A healthy strawberry icy pole recipe your kids will love for a summer afternoon treat or dessert on a hot night. They won’t even notice it’s a healthy snack.
Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: None (allow 3-4 hrs for freezing time) Difficulty rating: Easy Number of servings: Approximately 6
- 500g strawberries
- 50g icing sugar
- Wash strawberries and cut leaves off top.
- Place strawberries and sugar in blender until well combined.
- Place mix into individual icey pole moulds.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours until solid.
- This is a great way to use up strawberries which have been sitting in the fridge for a few days.
- Perfect to make in Spring when strawberries are in season, sweet and a good price.
- Strawberries can be replaced with any other berry.
Nutritional analysis per serve:
|Total fat||0.08 g|
|Saturated fat||0.00 g|
|Total sugars||10.58 g|
- AusNut. Nutrient Database. 2007. [cited 27 April 2012]. Available from: (URL Link)