A healthy recipe for scrumptious blueberry and ricotta muffins the whole family will love. These muffins will be a welcome surprise in your children’s preschool or school lunchboxes.
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Difficulty rating: Easy
Makes 15 serves
- 2 1/2 cups SR Flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- Pinch cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (40g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C in a conventional oven.
- Sift flour and cinnamon in a large bowl then add caster sugar and mix through.
- Whisk milk and eggs together. Then add melted butter.
- Stir milk mixture through dry ingredients until just combined.
- Gently fold in frozen blueberries and ricotta.
- Spoon mixture into a greased muffin pan and bake for about 20 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool and serve.
- Gently fold the ingredients together rather than fiercely stirring and you will achieve light and fluffy muffins.
- These muffins are delicious when served with a few extra thawed blueberries on top.
- These light and tasty muffins make a great snack for a hungry toddler or adult.
Nutritional analysis per serve:
|Energy||642.58 kJ /153.58 cal|
|Total fat||4.95 g|
|Saturated fat||4.91 g|
|Total sugars||8.99 g|
- AusNut. Nutrient Database. 2007. [cited 2009, November 11]. Available from: URL Link