The Powerhouse Museum is an interactive learning space with a vast permanent collection and a broad range of special exhibitions, especially in school holidays.
- Highlight tour of the museum
- The steam revolution explaining steam technology, including a steam engine demonstration
- Mars Lab including the Mars Yard created with materials retrieved from outer space and the robotics lab with space robot demonstrations.
- Steam engine demonstration
- Reproduction of a 1930s cinema, including instruments for silent movies
- Lace study centre
- Wiggles exhibition
- The Magic Garden
- Space- exhibition about the history of space travel including the Zero Gravity Space lab.
- Ecological- creating a sustainable future- interactive exhibition about fresh water and energy efficient housing with interactive ipad games.
- Transport exhibition displaying different forms of transport (from bicycles to aeroplanes) and discussing transport in Australian history.
- Cogs playground and craft areas for little ones.
- Art, science and history exhibitions for grown ups and many interactive things to see and do for everybody.
Click on the images to enlarge:
Enough to do for a full day trip.
The site, including bathrooms, all buildings and exhibitions are accessible for wheelchair users.
- Cafe on site with high chairs available
- Toilets including baby change facilities
- Free wi-fi
- School excursions and parties can be booked.
Child (4-15 yo) $8
Family (1 adult, 3 kids or 2 adults, 2 kids) $38
Group bookings and memberships are available.
10am – 5pm 7 days a week.
Closed Christmas Day
500 Harris St ULTIMO NSW 2007
(02) 9217 0111
E-mail enquiries need to be directed to the relevant department – see enquiry forms here
Contact us to update information on this page.