A 9 hectare park which offers tranquil surroundings for a lunch break or half day visit. Located on Broadway it boasts views of Sydney University and is home to a number of historic buildings, as well as a picturesque lake. A great spot to take a picnic, there is plenty of seating and ample shade. Children will enjoy a large free outdoor play area and/or visiting the Victoria Park Pool.
- Watching the aquatic life, including ducks and other water birds at Lake Northam.
- Playgrounds (not fenced).
- Exploring the playground which features swings, slides, climbing equipment and facilities for group sports like basketball.
- Looking at the 19th century buildings scattered throughout the park and adjacent Sydney University.
- Playing or resting in the shady, grassy areas.
- Taking the dog for a walk and letting it run free in leash-free areas (only at specified times.
- Festivals and fairs (check website for dates).
Click on the images to enlarge:
Victoria Park makes a great interlude from a busy day, or you could spend a morning or afternoon exploring all that the park has to offer.
Sydney Park is located at Broadway below Sydney University. It is accessible by car and bus (Parramatta Rd or King St routes). Pathways make most areas of the park accessible for wheelchair and pram users.
- Victoria Park Pool- acquatic centre with heated outdoor pool which is open year round. Swimming lessons for all ages run October- March.
- Public toilets and change rooms (only for Victoria Park Pool). The closest public toilets are at Broadway Shopping Centre across the road.
- Café located in the historic Gardener’s Lodge
- Shaded and grassy areas
- Seating, with many seats shaded by the park’s large trees. However there are no tables.
- Walking and cycling tracks
- Free 2 hour car parking;
- Off leash areas for dogs at specified times of day.
Park entry is free. The entry fee for Victoria Park Pool is $6 for adults and $4.50 for children, with multi-visit passes and memberships available.
Victoria Park is open all day all year round. Victoria Park Pool is open 6am-7pm (8pm during daylight saving) weekdays and 7am-7pm weekends and public holiday.
Broadway NSW 2008
02 9265 9333
[googlemaps width=620 height=350]
Contact us to update information on this page.