A sweet and yummy smoothie, perfect for kids and adults alike. Have it to start the day or for an afternoon snack.
Preparation time: 5 minutes Difficulty rating: Easy
Serves 2 adults or 4 kids
- 1 medium size mango (makes about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup plain yoghurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1-1.5 tbsp cocoa to taste
- Blend and serve
- Peel the mango, remove the seed and dice the flesh
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend
- Serve immediately
- Adding the oats makes makes this smoothie more like a thickshake.
- Use a good quality organic yoghurt as is won’t have the tartness and sourness of other yoghurts, so you won’t need to add any additional sweetener to this smoothie despite the bitterness of the cocao.
- On a hot summer’s day add ice cubes instead of water when making this smoothie.
Makes 4 child sized servings or 2 adult sized servings. Nutritional analysis per kid sized serve: