Banana pancakes made easy! No word of a lie, this gluten free, sugar free, pancake recipe has only two ingredients. They’re nutritious, delicious, quick to make and great for kids.
Preparation time: 2 minutes Cooking time: 8 minutes Difficulty rating: Easy
Age Recommendation: From 12 months old.
Serves 1 adult or 2 kids
1 medium banana
- Combine banana and eggs in food processor or with a hand blender and mix until smooth.
- Use a non-stick frying pan. Set over a low heat and allow to warm.
- Add small spoonfuls of batter to the pan. It’s best to make small pancakes with this recipe as they’re easier to flip. A table spoon of batter should be perfect.
- Wait until the edges are golden and the centre is bubbling slightly before flipping.
- Top with anything you like to make your pancakes even tastier: maple syrup, sliced fruit, or cinnamon are great additions.
- Flipping can be a little tricky. Using a smaller and thinner spatula will make it easier.
- After trying the recipe, you can choose to add a pinch of baking powder next time if you prefer a fluffier pancake.
- You can fry these pancakes in a little rice oil or butter if you prefer. However the pancakes tend to soak up the oil, so you might get a fluffier result if you dry-fry them, depending on your pan.
- Although younger babies can cope with the texture of banana pancakes, wait until your baby is 12 months old to give them this recipe as finger food as egg whites should not be introduced earlier.
Nutritional information for 1 children’s (100g) serve:
|Total fat||4.6 g|
|Saturated fat||1.55 g|
|Total sugars||7.85 g|