Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 35 minutes Difficulty rating: Easy Number of servings: 8
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (250ml)
- 250g blueberries (or other berries of your choice)
- Squeeze of lemon juice (5g)
- 80g sugar
- 50g self-raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C (for conventional oven).
- Grease a flan pan or pyrex dish with a little oil.
- Place berries in pan.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice over them.
- Combine flour and sugar. (Use a whisk to remove lumps).
- In a separate bowl whisk milk and eggs.
- Combine flour and egg mixes.
- Pour onto berries.
- Place in oven for 35 mins or until browned on the edges with a slight wobble in the centre.
- This recipe works just as well with frozen or fresh berries.
- If you are serving this clafouti as a fancy recipe to guests you can replace 1/3 cup of milk with cream and sprinkle with icing sugar prior to serving.
Nutritional analysis per serve:
|Energy||496.60 kJ118.69 cal|
|Total fat||2.69 g|
|Saturated fat||1.23 g|
|Total sugars||15.11 g|