Stonnington Toy Library aims to help each child reach their full potential through play by providing an extensive range of quality play materials for loan, available for each stage of a child’s development. . Staff members are on hand to provide advice and assist with selection.
Toys, puzzles and games include:
- Baby gyms
- Weighted toys for tummy time
- Toys to encourage rolling, crawling and standing
- Activity centres
- Rattles of all different shapes and sizes
- Walker wagons, ride-ons. rocking horses, pushing and pulling toys
- Posting, fitting together, stacking and hammering toys
- Toys for learning about different shapes and colours including puzzles
- Items for play related to copying what you do (lawn-mowing, vacuuming, making cups of tea, etc)
- Animals, vehicles
- Musical instruments for all ages
- A huge building section including duplo sets, junior meccano sets, block sets, more abstract building sets, tracking toys and marble runs
- An enormous area of imaginative play sets, including kitchens, dolls houses, garages and transport, emergency services, animals sets, water play
- Toys to encourage creativity, including playdough sets, peg design sets, stencils
- Toys related to learning different shapes, colours, numbers, letters, etc
- Threading and lacing toys
- Toys to encourage outdoor play and sport
- Toys related to measuring, magnets and viewing
- Over 1,000 quality jigsaw puzzles ranging from 1 to 500 pieces
- A wonderful array of games for children from 2 years to adult
- A selection of larger items for parties and gatherings
Other services include:
Stonnington Toy Library operates a small branch of the Toy Library from the Maternal and Child Health Centre at 22 Little Chapel Street Prahran each Tuesday 11am-1pm. .
A Pop Up Toy Library is running from October 2016 – June 2017 at Nirvana Playgroup, East Malvern. Please check website or Facebook page for dates and details.
There is a variety of fee options including sponsored memberships for families who cannot afford the fees.
During each 12 month membership period, each family is required to work four hours of rostered duty – or pay a $80 roster levy instead of this ($20 per hour).
Members are also obliged to raise a minimum of $25 by participating in fundraising activities – or pay a $25 fundraising levy instead of this.
Fees for short-term memberships or casual borrowing are available on application.
Membership is generally for twelve months, but offer short term memberships of three months when families are living here for a limited time. They also offer casual borrowing for visiting children.
Annual membership costs are: Family with 1 child: $85 for 12 months (concession $40), Family with 2 or more children $120 ($60 concession)
The annual membership fee covers borrowing the following for each child registered:
- One item from any section of the loan collection, plus
- Either a second small baby toy (called a green dot toy), or a puzzle, or a game. Additional items are available for a small fee of $1 or $2 each
Thursday: 9am to 12pm
Friday: 9am to 12noon and 1pm to 3pm
Saturday: 9am to 12noon
We are open during all school holidays, but closed on Public Holidays.
1 Winter Street, Malvern Victoria 3144
Phone: (03) 9500 1673
The office is generally staffed for enquiries from Tuesday through to Saturday.
Contact us to update information on this page