This quick microwave recipe for zucchini puree makes the ideal baby food for introducing solids to your baby.
Preparation time: 2 minutes Cooking time: 5 minutes Difficulty rating: Easy
Age recommendation: When pureed and sieved to remove seeds, this recipe is a great ‘first food’ for six month old babies starting solid foods.
- 50g zucchini (about 1/3 of a zucchini)
- 1tsp water
- Remove the zucchini skin and cut into 1.5 cm slices (3-4 slices). Place in a covered microwaveable dish with a splash of water. Cover.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds (time may vary). Leave covered for 2-5 minutes. The centre should look soft and slightly caved in.
- Puree with a food blender or stick mixer.
- Some seeds may escape the blending process. If your baby cannot handle slight lumps, pass the puree through a sieve.
- Add water to thin the puree. To make it thicker, try mixing with a little bit of baby cereal.
- This quick one-meal recipe is a great way to use up some leftover veggies from your own food. Make sure the puree has cooled down before feeding your baby.
Nutritional analysis per serve:
|Total fat||0.15 g|
|Saturated fat||0.0 g|
|Total sugars||0.80 g|