Date Created: October 14, 2016 Date Modified: July 3, 2018
- Which babies are most likely to have symptoms of colic?
- When do colic symptoms usually affect babies?
- Which times of day are babies most likely to be affected by colic?
- What is known about the causes of colic?
- How does a baby’s personality and what they eat affect the chance of colic?
- Does parenting style affect a baby’s chance of getting colic?
- What are the aims of treatments for colic?
- What strategies can a parent use to soothe a baby with colic?
- Can changing what a baby eats help relieve the symptoms of colic?
- Do herbal remedies work to treat colic? Are they safe for babies?
- What should parents of a baby with colic do to look after themselves?
- What type of support is available to parents of babies with colic?
- How can planning a daily routine help a parent cope with a colicky baby?
- What should parents not do when their baby has colic?
- What things should a parent check when their baby is crying and won’t settle?
- What works to settle a baby with colic?
- What things don’t help babies settle and what might harm them?
- How can I get support to cope with an unsettled baby over the telephone?
- What parenting organisations or groups can I join to get support?
(Kindly reviewed by Annie McArdle RN, RM, CHN, Master Adv. Prac. (Healthcare Research); Clinical Midwife at Mater Mothers’ Private Brisbane with over 25 years’ experience in parent information and education.)
Join our FREE monthly Newsletter!
- Receive the latest parenting news
- Win movie tickets in our fantastic member only competitions
- Get the best baby / child / whole family recipies
- Find play ideas and educational songs and rhymes
- Read personal stories and much more...
Simply enter your email and first name below:
Parenthub respects your privacy. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time.