Burswood park is located along the Perth foreshore and the playground is on the outskirts of the Crown Casino. Dogs allowed but must be kept on a leash.
- Large playground with 3 separate climbing frame structures to suit each set of child ages, from todders, to preschool to primary school. There is softfall on the ground. There is a fence, however, there are 3 entrance/exit points none of which have stoppers- kids can open them by themselves and on one side of the playground is the car park and on the other is the river again with no fence/gate so child supervision is essential.
- Lots of lawn covered by large shady trees
- Bird watching – more than 40 varieties of bird life and water foul – there are plaques located through the park to help you identify the birds.
- Watching the water traffic go by – boats, jet-skis etc
- 3.4 km cycling trail.
- Free guided tours – take 45 mins and leave from the Burswood Park Information Visitor Centre. Call 9361 4475 during weekdays for times. Also available for schools – free worksheets provided and visits are commemorated by planting a tree.
- Hopscotch tiles near the statue of jumping kids
- Heritage trail – reading about local history and see statues of historic figures.
Click on the images to enlarge:
You can fill a morning or afternoon here.
There are lots of pathways for wheelchairs and prams and it is mostly flat.
- Free electric barbecues.
- Toilets including disabled toilet and a family toilet. These are across a large grassed area from the playground facilities, but there are paths to make it easier than pushing prams/wheelchairs over grass.
- Picnic tables.
- There is a food court at the Crown Casino
Every day, all year
Great Eastern Highway, Burswood, WA 6100