Summer: Seasonal fruits and vegetables
Date Created: November 30, 2012 Date Modified: January 14, 2013
Seasonal fruits and vegetables are those that are in their peak in terms of flavour or harvest at a particular time of year. Fresh, local fruits and vegetables are a much healthier option, buying in season helps to support local farmers and producers, reduces damage to the environment and is more economical.
In Australia summer runs from December to February. These summer vegetables are great in salads on hot summer’s day and the fruits go perfectly with yoghurt as a healthy summer snack.
In season summer fruits include:
More information on seasonal fruits and vegetables
Join our FREE monthly Newsletter!
- Receive the latest parenting news
- Win movie tickets in our fantastic member only competitions
- Get the best baby / child / whole family recipies
- Find play ideas and educational songs and rhymes
- Read personal stories and much more...
Simply enter your email and first name below:
Parenthub respects your privacy. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time.