Spring: Seasonal fruits and vegetables
Date Created: November 30, 2012 Date Modified: January 4, 2013
Eating seasonally involves choosing fruits and vegetables that are in their peak in terms of flavour or harvest at a particular time of year. Fresh, local fruits and vegetables are a much healthier option, buying in season reduces damage to the environment, helps to support local farmers and producers, and is more economical.
Spring runs from September to November and these fruits and vegetables are a great way to bring you out of the winter funk and get ready for summer.
Spring fruits include:
The vegetables include:
|Tomatoes||Asian greens (for example buk choy, Chinese cabbage and pak choy)||Lettuce|
More information on seasonal fruits and vegetables
Join our FREE monthly Newsletter!
- Receive the latest parenting news
- Win movie tickets in our fantastic member only competitions
- Get the best baby / child / whole family recipies
- Find play ideas and educational songs and rhymes
- Read personal stories and much more...
Simply enter your email and first name below:
Parenthub respects your privacy. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time.