Jelly is a favourite for kids of all ages. This healthy jelly recipe contains real fruit juice for sweetness and no added sugar.
Preparation time: 5 minutes (or up to 15 if you juice your own fruit)
Cooking time: None
Difficulty rating: Easy
Age recommendation: 8 months and over
Number of servings: 12 shot glasses
1 tablespoon gelatine powder
100ml boiling water
400ml fruit juice – using fruit of your choice (e.g. this is 4-5 juiced apples)
- Dissolve gelatine in boiling water.
- Stir the fruit juice into the gelatine mix.
- Pour into moulds and refrigerate until set (around 2-3 hours depending on the size of your moulds).
- You can use any type of fruit juice your child loves to make this healthy jelly. You don’t have to use a pure watery juice, you can mash strawberries, raspberries, plums or any other fruit to make this jelly.
- Serve with custard, ice cream or yoghurt.
- For younger babies, mash the jelly with a fork so that it is already broken up into small lumps when it enters baby’s mouth.
- Don’t add any sugar. Fruit contains natural sugars which will satisfy your child’s taste buds.
- This is a great healthy snack to make for kid’s birthday parties or put in lunch boxes as a dessert.
Nutritional information is based on jelly made using home-squeezed apple juice. Nutrient content will change if you are using another type of fruit or store-bought fruit juice.
|Total fat||0.00 g|
|Saturated fat||0.00 g|
|Total sugars||3.01 g|