Homemade baby food recipe for healthy broccoli puree.
Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 5 minutes Difficulty rating: Easy
Age recommendation: This puree is perfect for six month old babies starting solids. If you add cheese, this is suitable for babies from 9 months old.
- 500g broccoli florets
- Boiling water
- Cream cheese (optional)
- Boil a large pan of water with the lid on (the water will need to fully cover all broccoli). Add 1 tsp of salt to the water.
- Wash and cut the broccoli into large florets. (Include some stalk on the florets, it doesn’t need to be just the florets.)
- Once water is boiling, put broccoli in. Add another teaspoon of salt on top of broccoli and cover the pan with the lid.
- Cook for 4 minutes. Depending on the size of your florets, it may take less time – do not overcook. They should be greener and tender so a knife slices through.
- Fish out the broccoli with a ladle or bbq tongs and put in a blender.
- If it is a bit thick, add a little water (that you used to boil the broccoli in) and re-blend.
- Stir in a teaspoon of cream cheese for extra nutritional value if your baby is 9 months or older.
- Cool before serving (put in the freezer for 5 minutes).
- This puree is great for dipping rusks into.
Nutritional analysis per 50 gram serve:
|Energy||62 kJ / 14.82 cal|