Baby’s first apple puree is an easy recipe that is naturally sweet and very healthy.
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes Difficulty rating: Easy
Age Recommendation: This recipe is perfect for baby’s aged six months old who are beginning to eat solids.
Makes 20 servings
2 red apples (250g)
1 cup of water (250g)
- Peel, dice and core apples.
- Place in a saucepan with water.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until apples become very tender (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Either in a food processor or with a hand blender, puree the apples until no chunks remain.
- If chunks remain, push the puree through a sieve to get rid of them.
- If you make a larger batch, you can use a clean ice cube tray to portion remaining puree. Cover and freeze.
- If your puree seems very thick, you can add a bit more water.
Nutritional analysis per serve:
|Total fat||0.03 g|
|Saturated fat||0.01 g|
|Total sugars||1.53 g|