Date Created: June 7, 2018
We are strongly encouraged by the international scientific community to use vaccinations to protect ourselves from many infectious and chronic diseases. The World Health Organization estimates that vaccinations prevent 2-3 million deaths around the world every year. Since the introduction of vaccinations in 1932 for Australian children, there has been a 99% reduction in deaths caused by vaccine-preventable diseases, making it arguably the most important and successful public health intervention in history.
When planning for vaccinations, whether it be for yourself or your child, there are several things you need to consider.
- 10 facts on immunization [online]. World Health Organization; 2018 [cited 7 June 2018]. Available from: [URL link]
- Immunisation for children [online]. Australian Government Department of Health; 2017 [cited 7 June 2018]. Available from: [URL link]
Join our FREE monthly Newsletter!
- Receive the latest parenting news
- Win movie tickets in our fantastic member only competitions
- Get the best baby / child / whole family recipies
- Find play ideas and educational songs and rhymes
- Read personal stories and much more...
Simply enter your email and first name below:
Parenthub respects your privacy. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time.