Woodbridge Riverside Park (next to the older Ray Marshall Park), has facilities children of all ages and abilities. The playground and grassed area is fully fenced from the car park and river. The majority of the playground areas is covered by soft fall flooring.
- Playground equipment (mostly uncovered from the sun)
- Sand play area with large equipment and diggers children can use for shifting the sand.
- Water play area with many interconnecting pipes containing junctions that children can open and close to fill or empty areas of water. On ground water chambers which children can splash in. (Beware water attracts wasps in hotter weather).
- Enormous flying fox with safety seat suitable for younger or ability impaired children. Seat for older children.
- Swings for toddlers, older kids and a liberty swing for wheelchairs. Large rope swing for older kids.
- A variety of merry go rounds
- Wheelchair accessible rocker/see-saw.
- Plenty of cubbies for kids including a large wooden pirate ship.
- Tunnels and climbing areas.
- Large enclosed grass area suitable for playing sports, flying kites etc.
- Located next to the Swan River, there are riverside activities including bbqs, kayaking etc adjacent to playground.
Click on the images to enlarge:
All ages and abilities
Enough to do for a half day trip.
The entire park (including toilets), are wheelchair and pram friendly with paths to access each area of the park, on one flat level. Lots of parking including designated disabled parking spots.
Each activity area has information on activities to play there and how to communicate them in sign language with other children.
- Large undercover picnic tables.
- Large green area suitable for grass picnics.
- Water fountains.
- Self-cleaning toilets including baby change facilities.
- No cafes or coffee shops on site but coffee vans often come to the park.
All hours every day of the year.
City of Swan Woddbridge Riverside Playspace website
Woodbridge Riverside Play Space
First Ave, Woodbridge
Western Australia 6056
City of Swan (08) 9267 9267
[googlemaps width=620 height=350]