The City of Gosnells Walter Padbury Reserve on Berehaven Road has recently been upgraded with modern play equipment and refurbished cricket nets to amuse children, families and adults of all ages.
- Team sports on any of the three large ovals
- Cricket nets
- Modern play equipment including swings, twisters and slide
- Large sand play area with dinosaur skeleton and buried bones to dig up
- Large climbing frame
- Extensive path network that encircles the play area plus all three ovals to allow short or long walks/rides
Enough to do for a full morning or afternoon of play and leisure.
Extensive path networks makes this play area easily accessible for parents with prams or wheelchairs, although there are activities specifically made for wheelchair accessibility at this site.
Located within walking distance of the two main primary schools:
- Yale Primary School
- South Thornlie Primary School
There are three large carparks for each of the ovals named after the respective road.
- Thornlie Oval – Berehaven Road
- Cassidy Oval – Cassidy Road
- Hume oval – Hume Road
Limited bus services – Bus number 206.
- Play areas have some sails as sun protection, but not every area has sun protection.
- Picnic shelters with long tables and benches
- BBQ facilities
- Open grassed areas suitable for blanket picnics, with large shady trees
- Facilities are not bookable. They are available on a first come first serve basis.
- Public toilets
- Water fountains
All hours all year.
Thornlie, WA 6108.
Community Services (618) 9397 3000
[googlemaps width=620 height=350]
Contact us to update information on this page.