This park has had a re-do in August 2014 with new play structures added and picnic areas. It has been designed as a recreational area suitable for people of all ages and abilities supported by Variety WA and hence the new name, Variety Place.
The area is mostly constructed with natural materials, with bark chips to provide a soft fall.
- Climbing nets
- Climbing logs and rocks
- Bridges with hiding areas underneath
- Metal maze
- Stepping stones with balancing planks.
- Jarrah logs, some of which have carvings of various insects on them.
- Saw Avenue amphitheatre (kid’s shows held here during summer events season)
Click on the images to enlarge:
You can fill a morning or afternoon here.
Parking in lots on May Drive, Kulbardi car park and parallel parking allowed on Saw Avenue (on the side of the playground – not permitted on the other side of Saw Avenue). Disabled and pram access is best from Kulbardi car park as this has a path directly to the park, other parking locations do not.
- Variety Pavilion can be booked – holds 40-50 people and has power outlets
- Water fountains (several scattered at various locations around the play space).
- Picnic tables (many are shaded or placed in areas with tree cover). Many have wood carvings benches cut into interesting shapes.
- Free electric bbq area.
- Disabled/male/female toilets.
Daily all year round.
Saw Avenue, King’s Park, Subiaco, WA 6005.
Bookings: 9480 3624
Fax: (08) 9322 5064
Park Management officer 0418 923 973
[googlemaps width=620 height=350]