Beautiful, well-manicured large park with shaded playground, wildlife and green open spaces.
- The playground is large with many climbing and play structures for ranging ages and abilities. The playground is in sand and mostly covered by shade sails. However, parts of the play equipment flooring are metal and are not shaded at all times of day and can become quite hot. Also no gate around the playground and there is a lake nearby and the road isn’t far. Equipment includes:
- Visiting the war memorial – the City of Stirling War Memorial commemorates Australian servicemen and women who have served in all wars and conflicts.
- Lake – there is lots of wildlife here, many different birds, ducks, long necked turtles, fish and tadpoles.
- There is a very large grassed – perfect for the kids to play sports without annoying people who want to be there for a quiet trip, and great for a lawn picnic. Grass is non-itchy.
- 1.2 km of path through the park is great for kids bike riding or exercise.
- All dogs must be kept on a leash.
Enough to do to fill a morning or afternoon.
There is a path through the facilities on the park. If you have a pram or wheelchair it’s best not to veer off the path as it can be a little hilly and the bottom of these little hills get very muddy. See the path on the map. (URL Link)
There is parking in front of the park on Cedric Street and Telford Crescent. It is also only a short walk from the Stirling Train Station.
- There is often a coffee van in the car park.
- Water fountains.
- 4 bbqs available.
- Many shaded tables, including very large ones directly in front of the playground.
- Rest benches along the paths.
- Self-cleaning toilets.
- Bins, both general and recycling waste.
Daily all year. The toilet is only open 7am-8pm. (URL Link)
Cedric Street, Stirling Civic Gardens, Stirling, 6021
[googlemaps width=620 height=350]