Penguin Island is a 5 minute ferry ride off the coast of Rockingham.
- Penguin Discovery Centre
- Beaches can be used for swimming, kayaking, snorkling etc.
- Bird watching
Range of different tours and cruises including:
- Penguin feeding – three feedings daily at 10.30am, 12.30pm, 2.30pm
- Penguin and sea lion cruise in a glass bottom boat
- Dolphin watch adventure cruise
- Timber boardwalks allow wheelchair and pram access around the island.
- The Penguin Island ferry and cruises depart from the Mersey Point Jetty located at 153 Arcadia Drive, Shoalwater.
- Ferries leave every hour on the hour from 9.00am to 3.00pm – every day of the season (September – June) except 25 December.
- Parking is available at the ferry departure point.
On Penguin Island:
- Shaded, grassed picnic area
- Drinking fountain
- Environmentally friendly composting toilets
- Sheltered swimming beaches
- No kiosk or restaurant facilities on Penguin Island- you are allowed to take eskies and picnic baskets etc
On mainland (departure point):
- Gift store – all ferry and cruise tickets available there.
- Pengos Café and Burger Bar for takeaway and dine in food and drinks.
The menu includes: coffee & cakes, gourmet burgers, panini’s, fresh salads and fish & chips
|Penguin Island Ferry & Cruise Prices|
|Penguin Island Ferry|
|Penguin Island Ferry + Discovery CentreIncludes:|
|Penguin & Sea Lion Cruise Includes:|
|Dolphin Watch Adventure Cruise|
(Bookings essential) Includes:
|* Concession applies to pensioners, students, the disabled and health care card holders. Please understand appropriate ID must be presented on purchasing your tickets.|
The season runs from September to June.
Gift Shop (where tickets are purchased) is open 7 days from 8.30am to 4.30pm.
Reservations phone lines are open daily from 9am- 5.00pm 7 days per week. Reservations and operations closed on December 25th for Christmas.
Reservation phone lines are not manned. Direct any bookings or enquiries via email, fax or leave a message on the reservations phone line. The office is checked on Tuesdays and Thursdays and a reservations consultant will return the call.
153 Arcadia Drive (corner of Penguin Rd)
Phone (618) 9591 1333
Fax (618) 9528 1715