Mawson Park Hillarys is a large park suitable for children and families of all ages.
- Huge playground on soft-fall ground. There are separate equipment areas for children of various ages – from toddlers to teens. Playground has no shade sails or trees overhead.
- There are large trees elsewhere in the park which provide shade for grass picnics.
- Lake with lots of ducks and bird wildlife. There are no fences between playground equipment and lake, close supervision of children required. There are also no fenced barriers between the park and the road, but there is a lot of green space between the playground equipment and the road on all sides.
- Gazebos (covered picnic tables) and BBQ facilities.
Click on the images to enlarge:
Enough to do for a few hours of play and leisure.
There are paths, for pram and wheelchair access but only from certain sides of the park – be careful to park on the sides with paths if you need them or there is a long walk over grass to access the playground and lake.
Plenty of free parking around the perimeter of the park.
- BBQ facilities
- Picnic tables
- Open grassed areas suitable for blanket picnics
- Public toilets including disabled.
- The park is bookable for sporting, community and private events – contact the City of Joondalup for more information for the downloadable PDF forms. http://www.joondalup.wa.gov.au/explore/parksandreserves.aspx
All hours all year
22 Mawson Crescent, Hillarys WA 6025
City of Joondalup Leisure Centres – Craigie
Whitfords Avenue, Craigie
Opening hours: 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
T: 9400 4268
F: 9300 1383